May 5, 2021
Besides your daily cleaning routine, sanitizing your home at regular intervals is very important. And under the current pandemic situations of Covid-19, sanitizing has become a crucial part of our life. The alarming situations under which we live nowadays have made sanitization more important than it had ever been. This cleaning method kills infectious bacteria, viruses, harmful fungi, and all other hazardous microbes.
Disinfecting and sanitizing your home is crucial to stay safe from coronavirus. Sanitizing the high touch surfaces of the home is compulsory according to the Centres of Disease Control. So, sanitize your home at regular intervals to stay safe. Here are some easy and effective tips to sanitize your home against all microbial infections.
List of Effective Disinfectants
- Sprays: Lysol, Clorox, Purell, or any other recommended brand.
- Wipes: Lysol, Clorox, or any store brand.
- Alcohol (Isopropyl)
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Homemade Disinfectant: To make a disinfectant solution at home, mix 4 teaspoons of household bleach with one-quarter of water.
Tips to Sanitize Your Home Effectively
- Must vacuum clean or wash the surfaces with warm soapy water before sanitization. It will remove all the dust and dirt particles from the surfaces. You can also do this by wiping the surfaces with a hand towel.
- It is important to note which surface to wipe and which to spray. Spray those places that are not easy to reach for wiping. However, you may choose to spray the whole surface for your convenience.
- Use a soaked hand towel to wipe the surfaces properly.
- After you have sanitized the whole home, let it dry properly.
- Always use hand gloves while sanitizing, whether wiping or spraying.
- Follow the instructions properly to make the sanitizer solution.
- Remove and dispose of the hand gloves after you have done!
- Sanitize the most-touched surfaces carefully. Here is a list of high touch surfaces of the home:
- Door, drawer, cupboard, or window pullers/knobs
- Stair rails
- Electrical switches
- AC, TV, or Game remote
- Fridge, dishwasher, oven, etc handle
- Toilet handle and seat
- Computer, laptops, tablets, or cell phones
- Chair back or arms
- Kitchen and bathroom counters
- Faucet knobs
Preventive Tips When Someone is Sick
- Keep distance from the sick person and ask him/her to quarantine himself/herself.
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Use hand gloves when handling the clothes or mattress of the sick person and dispose of the gloves after you have finished the work.
- Use hot water to wash the clothes and utensils of the sick person.
- Limit the personal touch in this pandemic situation.
- Always use a face mask, rather try to invest in a cloth mask as it is more effective.
Care is better than cure! This proverb is hundred percent true and must be applied to fight the coronavirus and other microbial infections. Sanitizing the home is crucial to kill all the infectious microbes, particularly it is important under the current situations. So, must sanitize your home after regular intervals for the maximum cure against microbial attacks.
However, if you think it’s not an easy task to do it by yourself or you are busy. We also recommend you hire professionals for your residential sanitization and get work done efficiently and quickly
Read more: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/disinfecting-your-home.html
How to Steam Clean a Mattress
How to Deodorize Your Mattress